Focus: El Pinoso
Pinoso, officially El Pinos/Pinoso is a friendly and welcoming authentic Spanish Town in the Province of Alicante.
It sits located in the mountainous countryside of the Alicante/Murcia border, and is just 56kms from the Alicante coast and its Marina, Centre and lovely beaches.
Pinoso has a population of around 7,000 and around ten percent of that is made up of Europeans and others who have decided to make this little gem their home.
Pinoso means ‘The Pines’, and is bordered by National Parks and Mountains. Being the 5th most affluent town in Spain, Pinoso is renowned for the production of fine wines, rock salt and marble. El Coto serves its country and further afield with 25% of its marble.
- Sports and Recreation – Hiking, walking, and running are amongst the popular sports in Pinoso.
- Food for thought! – Lots of dining options from Fine Dining to Menu del dias and, of course, tapas bars.
- Local markets – Pinoso has its own fresh fruit and Vegetable market on Saturdays in its main square.
- Award Winning Wines – Pinoso, Jumilla and Yecla all produce award winning wines.
- A Walkable Town – Explore Pinoso by foot and discover its church, square, market, old town and various little authentic shops.
- Easily reachable from Pinoso – The authentic Spanish towns of Monovar, Elda, Novelda, Jumilla and Yecla all around half and hour by car.
The larger main cities of Valencia, Murcia and Alicante are great for a day trip!
Fiestas! The Spanish love their Fiestas… The summer months is a display of tradition, colour and excitement in Pinoso and the surrounding towns and villages.
Come and Experience this charming Spanish Town and its people with us, Elysium.